Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An end to every calling!

I have been released from my church calling as Relief Society secretary. I know that with every calling eventually comes a release but I will miss this calling more than any calling I have had in the church thus far.

I worked with 3 amazing women in the Presidency. They each taught me something about life, family or the gospel. I will forever think of these women with fondness.

This calling came at a surprising time in my life. My bishop at the time said that he felt it would be good for me. He was so right! I have loved every minute of this calling. It was uplifting to fill the spirit so strongly each week . I am grateful for the experiences both spiritual and temporal, knowledge both spiritual and temporal and blessings that came to me and my family.

 

Mark’s comment after I was released was “I wonder what’s next”? I wonder too!

1 comment:

Sarah S. Foote said...

This post touches my heart as I felt exactly the same when I was released from serving as the secretary in a RS Presidency. I seriously remember learning far more then I ever expected. What a blessing it was to see closely the love the Bishop and the RS president have to the sisters of the ward and to be a part of all that is involved in making RS run functionally. Got to agree that was one of my favorite callings as well. I'm sure whatever you are called to you will be great at.